Monday 26 July 2010

Just Magnolia.....vintage

Hi crafty peeps......not posted for a couple of days the kids are now officially at home now for six weeks...so hopefully I should be able to enter a few more challenges......
anyway had a bit of a play over the weekend and here is my project for the Just Magnolia challenge.




Hope it's ok to enter this I know it's not a card,. I've really enjoyed doing a few different altered projects over the weekend, and getting painty instead of inky.

This was a light wood colour when I bought it, first I painted it with some green and pearl white acrylic paint left it to dry then painted over it with picket fence distress crackle paint, when that coat had dried I brushed over with some forever green perfect pearls,added the ribbon and then the image and flowers.
Hope you like it..... I love it.

wooden box - local market
image - magnolia
coloring - promarkers
flowers - wild orchid/market
ribbon - from Turkey
acrylic paint/distress crackle paint/perfect parls

thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your lovely comments
Hugs xoxo

6 comments:

Judith Veldhuizen said...

Really a beautifull card!I really love the vintage look!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Kay this is
Stunning,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Debs said...

oooh....check you out!!..you have been busy :-)..its fabulous chick..my light is defo on ;-)....

Debs x

Tracey Feeger said...

Very cute. I love the crackle paint. I have to get myself organized and make one for this challenge. Great job.
mwah
Trace

Lindsey said...

Wow, love the crackle effect, that looks os good! x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautifully decorated box, thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week, hope to see you back again next week. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin