Tuesday 17 April 2012

altered box........

Hi there everyone.... not posted for a few days with the kids being off school... but now there BACK!!
So here's my next post I recieved some fab birthday pressie's from my bestest bud Deb's aka Freckles Place
I got some big  drawers to alter and a chest along with some memory glass and frames and some gorgeous grungy stamps and twine......So rather than go straight in and ruin them I thought I would start off with a smaller project to see how it goes.....
So this is my little trinket box.....
 The texture on the box was achieved by using good old decorators caulk ( the paintable kind) the paint is a mixture of acrylic and lumiere paint.....and I gold paint dabber for the edges.
 The stamps are the Papermania ones in my birthdat pressie  from Deb  :o)
The dragonfly chippie is from Make it Crafty and coloured with ink and a few pearls... the buttons are old ones I wipped off a cardigan before it went in the bin......and some random bits of pewter stickles.... because stickles are the law......lol.
Well I'm gonna try something more challenging for my next project... My ecclectic mayhem is all over the place at the moment....ha haaa

I would like to enter my project into the  Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge which is anything goes..

thank you for stopping by
Hugs
 Kaylou xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love it...really a majical piece
hugs sassy

Dan said...

I love your altered box - it really looks like something old that has been treasured for years! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin